How do I obtain a home based business license?
If you live in Augusta and your business will not result in any business traffic at your home, will not require any signage on the property to advertise the business, will not require parking a commercial vehicle at the home, and will not have any visible outside storage of material used in the business, then you may obtain a Special Use Permit.

You must live at the address used for the home business and be the homeowner or have notarized written permission from the owner. There is a one-time fee of $150.00, and the staff will assist you in filling out the necessary paperwork.

You must provide the following information:

• A brief detailed description of the business and/or service to be provided
• A picture of the interior space to be used as the home office
• A picture of any equipment used in the operation of the home based business if a service is provided away from the home office. i.e. landscape or construction trailer
• A picture of any on-site vehicle parking or enclosed storage area used for the home based business

Should you not meet the above standards, a home based business might be approved by the Board of Zoning Appeals. We accept all forms of payment including electronic transactions. Board of Zoning Appeals

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to rezone my property and if so how do I go about it?
2. How do I obtain a home based business license?
3. How do I obtain a manufactured home permit
4. How do I open a Family Personal Care Home in Augusta?
5. How do I open a Family Day Care Home in Augusta?
6. How do I get a plat approved?
7. Do I need any permits or approvals to install a fence?
8. What are the taxi rates?