Do I need to rezone my property and if so how do I go about it?

Augusta has a Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance which regulates what uses you can conduct on your property. You should check with this office if you want to initiate a new use of your property (i.e. residential, professional, commercial, multi-family residential or industrial). If rezoning is required you will have to consult the staff to see whether what you want to do is consistent with the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and legal standards for zoning.

If you decide to move forward you will have to provide information, pay a non-refundable fee that varies with the proposed zoning change, and present your request at a public hearing. The process takes between 30 and 60 days depending on when the application is made. For more information see Zoning/Rezoning on this web site and/or contact this office at (706) 821-1796.

Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to rezone my property and if so how do I go about it?
2. How do I obtain a home based business license?
3. How do I obtain a manufactured home permit
4. How do I open a Family Personal Care Home in Augusta?
5. How do I open a Family Day Care Home in Augusta?
6. How do I get a plat approved?
7. Do I need any permits or approvals to install a fence?
8. What are the taxi rates?