How can I make payments to the court?
  1. How can I make payments for my case?
    • For certain traffic offenses, you can pay the Clerk’s office and never have to appear in court. You can make payments to the Clerk in person at the courthouse, or online at the PayYourTix website. For some traffic offenses, you must appear in court.
    • If your case is not a traffic violation that can be paid in advance or online, you must come to court to resolve your case.
    • You must pay your fines and fees after the case has been resolved in court. You will have the option of paying the total amount of your fine over time in monthly installments. You will have a probation officer assigned to your case. If you have other conditions of probation, you will still be on probation until you complete those conditions, even if you have paid in full.
  2.  How can I find out how much I owe?
    • For traffic matters, the clerk can tell you the amount that you owe. Call the clerk’s office at (706) 821-2460.
    • If your case is resolved in court, the Court will let you know how much you owe. 
    • After your case is resolved, you can contact the probation office to obtain information about what you owe. You should also receive this information from the probation officer who is present in court.
    • You will have to appear in court for all non-traffic matters. The judge will make the final decision regarding how much you owe.
  3. What should I do if I can’t make a payment?
    • If you cannot make a payment, let your probation officer know immediately. You may be able to convert your fines to community service.
    • You must report to probation as directed, even if you have trouble paying your fines and fees.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find information about my court date?
2. Can I reschedule my court date?
3. How can I make payments to the court?
4. I have questions about pretrial supervision/conditional bond.
5. What happens at court?
6. What are the penalties if I am convicted of a crime or a traffic offense in State Court?
7. How can I get a lawyer to represent me?
8. What should I do if I have a warrant?
9. How can I get information on restoring my driver’s license?
10. What if I want to resolve my case sooner than the anticipated trial date?
11. I got a letter telling me I have jury duty. What do I have to do?
12. What should I expect in a civil case?