May I request an exemption from mediation?

Once your case is referred to mediation, any party to a dispute may petition the court and request it be removed from the mediation requirement if any of the following apply:

  • The issue to be considered has been previously submitted to an approved ADR process.
  • Other good cause is shown before the judge to whom the case is assigned.
  • The issues have been referred by consent order of the court to a private provider of ADR services, provided they are registered with G.O.D.R.!/

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a court order to get ADR services?
2. How do I obtain an order and request that my case be referred to mediation?
3. May I request an exemption from mediation?
4. Once my case is ordered to mediation, what do I do first?
5. I am a victim of domestic violence. Do I have to attend mediation?
6. How do I select a mediator?
7. How much does mediation cost?
8. What if I cannot afford mediation?
9. Is attendance required at mediation?
10. How long does mediation last?
11. What are the benefits of mediation?
12. How do I prepare for mediation?