How do I report stray animals, animal abuse or animal cruelty?

AAS responds to all animal related issues, citizens can make a report by phone by calling 706-790-6836.  Reports may also be submitted online or to the 311 portal

Show All Answers

1. What time are you open to take complaints, retrieve pets and/or adoptions.
2. I’ve lost my pet, what do I do now?
3. How long do I have to reclaim my pet after Animal services has picked it up? How long do you hold stray animals at your facility?
4. How do I report stray animals, animal abuse or animal cruelty?
5. What happens to unclaimed animals?
6. What are your adoption requirements?
7. What does the adoption fee include?
8. Is the animal house trained?
9. If the adoption does not work out, can I bring it back and get my money back?
10. What are the requirements or legal responsibilities do I have when I own a pet in Richmond County?
11. What vaccinations are required by law for pets
12. Who do I contact about nuisance barking dogs?
13. Will Animal Services give my dog all its shots or fix animals?
14. Will you come and pick up my pet from my home?
15. I live in another county; can I surrender my pet to your facility?
16. What should I do if I am bitten by a dog or cat?
17. What do I do, if I find a bat?
18. Additional Resources:
19. Do I have to register my pet?
20. Does Animal Services handle nuisance wildlife?