What if I have a non-emergency call?

There are other numbers to call in order to receive services:

  • 211 is for public, health and community services (public, health or “public health”?)
  • 311 is for non-emergency information and municipal business inquiries
  • 511 is for road and traffic conditions, Department of Transportation
  • 711 is for Telecommunications Relay Service for hearing impaired
  • 811 is for locating and marking utility lines – “Call Before You Dig”
  • 911 is for emergency responses only

The non-emergency phone number for the Augusta Richmond County Communications Center is 706-821-1080.

Show All Answers

1. When should I call 911?
2. When should I avoid calling 911?
3. What will the 911 call-taker need to know when I call 911?
4. What is the difference between 911 and 311?
5. What is the difference between a residential call and a cell phone call?
6. What if I have a non-emergency call?
7. Can I request copies of dispatch reports or 911 audio recordings?