Poll Worker Information
Election Day Poll Workers
The Richmond County Board of Elections is currently looking for persons to work at the polls on Election Day. The beginning pay is $115 per day, with an opportunity for advancement. Working at the polls is a rewarding way to serve your neighbors and be involved in your community.
As a poll worker, you will be required to attend a training session and to provide your own transportation for training and working on Election Day. You will be paid an additional $20 for attending training. You must be able to report to your assigned polling location at 5:30 AM on Election Day and work until the polls are closed and all paperwork and equipment close out procedures have been completed. Typically, you will finish your assignment by around 8:30 PM, but you should be flexible as sometimes it may take longer.
You may submit an application online and return it to the Board of Elections Office at 535 Telfair Street, Suite 500, Augusta, GA 30901, by fax at 706-821-2814, or by email at email@example.com
For more information, please call the Board of Elections Office at 706-821-2340.
Requirements to be Poll Worker
In order to be a poll worker, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Richmond County.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- No person holding public office or Candidate for Office may serve as a poll worker.
- An immediate relative of an elected official cannot serve in an election where the relative is a candidate.
. We appreciate your interest and look forward to bringing you on board.