It is the mission of the Clerk of Commission's Office to serve as the custodian of the official records of the Augusta-Richmond County Government and to maintain and disseminate this information to the public in a courteous, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Prepares and distributes commission and committee agendas and their associated back-up material
- Serves as the custodian of all official City records
- Services 41 standing boards, commissions, and authorities
- Records and transcribes all commission and committee minutes
- Provides limited administrative assistance to the Augusta Commission
- Maintains various types of documents, such as contracts, agreements, resolutions, easements, deeds, ordinances, cemetery deeds, and the Code of Augusta-Richmond County (as an informational source)
- Maintains information and talent bank applications regarding Boards, Commissions, and Authorities which complement the activities of the Augusta-Richmond County government