Historic Preservation Commission (HPC)
Historic Preservation Commission
Certificate of Appropriateness
FunctionsView Historic Preservation Commission Responsibilities.
- 5:30 pm
- Fourth Thursday of each month (except for November and December)
- Meetings in November and December are on the third Thursday of the month
- February and October HPC meeting locations TBD
- Augusta Municipal Building
- • Linda Beazley Meeting Room - 1st Floor
- 535 Telfair St • Augusta, GA 30901
Variance Request Application
Link to Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance:
The Historic Preservation Commission consists of 12 members:
10 appointed by the Augusta Commission from Commission districts
2 appointed by the Richmond County Legislative Delegation. All Historic members shall be residents of Augusta Georgia.
To the extent available, at least five members must be professionals from the fields of architecture, history, architectural history, planning, archaeology, historic preservation, or related disciplines. The remaining members may be nonprofessionals with special interest, experience, or education in regional history, historic architecture, or historic preservation.