The Augusta Georgia Planning Commission is authorized under Title Eight of the Augusta, Georgia Code. The Planning Commission is an advisory board that holds hearings on certain development issues and formulates recommendations for consideration by the Augusta Commission.
The basic responsibilities of the Planning Commission include:
- Regulating the subdivision of land
- Planning for the orderly growth and development of Augusta, Georgia
- Zoning all land into various use classifications
The Augusta Planning Commission is composed of 13 members:
- Two are Legislative Delegation appointments
- One is an Augusta Commission appointment who serves as an ex-officio member
- 10 are appointed by the Augusta-Richmond County Commission
Terms correspond with the term of the Commissioner elected for that district. For a current list of members, view Planning Commission Members
- 3:00 pm
- First Monday of each month
- Augusta Municipal Building • Commission Chambers, 2nd Floor
- 535 Telfair St • Augusta, Georgia 30901
A typical meeting agenda includes re-zoning petitions, subdivision plats and site plans, review of ongoing planning studies, and general administrative items.