ADA Transit Initiative
Paratransit eligible voters with disabilities who would like to vote in-person at their designated polling place on Election Day may request Feeder Service to and from fixed-route bus stops or request Origin-to-Destination Transit Service to Polling Places on Election Day, November 6, 2018.
All polling places are within areas served by Special ADA Voter Transit Service, but you must contact the coordinator below to confirm that your point of origin (home, bus stop or other location) is served before you make your reservation.
- Expedited temporary Paratransit Eligibility for ADA Voter Transit Service is available to voters upon submission of a copy of their assigned valid state DMV Disabled Parking Placard or medical certification as outlined in the ADA Paratransit User Guide
- ADA Special Voter Transit Service will be available during the same hours as the regular fixed-transit service
- Trip requests must be made by 2 pm on the day prior to Election Day
- Transit fare fees for trips to and from the polling place will be a flat rate of $1.25
- Transit trips are free for Augusta University, Paine College, Augusta Tech and Virginia College students with student IDs
Between 9:30am and 4:30 pm, voters with a disabilities will be able proceed to the front of line at the polling location.
The ADA Paratransit User Guide is available at http://www.augustaga.gov/2165/ADA-Paratransit-Services or in alternative formats upon request.
Please contact Shanel Cooper at 706-849-3458 for more information on Feeder Service from bus stops to your polling place, to reserve an ADA Election Day Transit ride to your polling place and for information on expedited ADA Paratransit eligibility.