Curbside Recycling Collection
Curbside Recycling Collection - View Flyer Here
Residential and Non-Residential customers are provided weekly recycle collection in a 96 gallon container with a blue lid. The first recycling cart is included in the annual solid waste collection fees. The second and additional recycle carts are available for additional fees.
Recycling is easier than ever with our single cart system. All you have to do is place all recyclable items in a single cart, there is no sorting or separating on your end, and we take care of the rest! With one day per week garbage collection, increased recycling efforts can help reduce the amount of waste each home produces and eliminate the need for additional garbage cans.
When items are wrongly disposed of, such as placing garbage in the recycling cart, it creates contamination in the cart. The items you place in your recycling cart are delivered to sorting facilities and end-market recyclers. When items are placed in the recycling cart that should not be there, it increases our sorting costs, which is passed on to the customer as an increase in rates. So, in an effort to be more efficient, please only recycle materials that are approved by Augusta Environmental Services.
Recycle Cart Revocation
Augusta reserves the right to remove carts that are improperly used, have continued contamination, or which are not actively being used. Improper use includes trash in recycling carts, carts left in the public right of way (including alleys), abuse or destruction of carts outside of normal wear and tear, and uses deemed inappropriate by Augusta Solid Waste.
- Place carts at curb no later than 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Recycle empty containers only.
- Rinse residue from containers.
- All recyclables must be placed inside the cart with blue lid closed.
- Only use the recycling cart provided by Augusta Environmental Services Department.
- Place recycling cart at least 3 feet from other carts, cars, and objects with handle toward house.
- If you receive a contamination notice, make corrections by next recycling collection day.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Recycle Items
Click here for a list of acceptable and unacceptable recyclable items.
Need to know how to dispose of an item, click here.