- A - E
- Environmental Services
- Residential Services
- Curbside Garbage Collection
Curbside Garbage Collection
Residential Customers are provided weekly garbage collection in your choice of a black 35 or 96 gallon container. The smaller the cart, the lower the rate. Additional containers are also available for an extra charge.
Cart Size Change
To change your cart size, enter your address and click help here.
Service Modification and Exemptions
Please submit a Service Modification Form found here.
- Change or correct your current service type
- Request Release from Service
Residents that are unable to take their garbage and recycling carts to the curb for collection may qualify for assisted collection service.
Please help us provide the best service possible.
- Place carts at curb no later than 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Place garbage and recycling only in authorized carts provided by Augusta.
- Carts should have 3 feet of clearance around each cart so the truck can use the mechanical arm.
- Place the carts away from your mailbox, parked cars, poles, or low hanging limbs.
- Set the cart at the curb with handle facing toward your property.
- Do not block the sidewalk or place the carts in the street.
- Carts should be removed from the curb the evening of your collection day.
Guidelines for Use and Care of Garbage Cart:
- Do not overfill or place things outside the cart.
- If you have excessive garbage on a continuous basis, you will be required to have an additional garbage cart, which will include an additional fee.
- Rinse the cart out with water from time to time. If odor exists, then use mild soap and water to wash the cart.
- Do not place heavy items in the cart such as concrete, sand, gravel or soil
- Hazardous materials, chemicals, or flammable liquids should not be placed in the cart.
- Do not place hot ashes, burning coals, or start a fire in the cart. If the cart is melted, you may be charged to replace the cart.
Acceptable & Unacceptable Garbage Items
Click here for a list of acceptable and unacceptable garbage items.
If you are unsure how to dispose of an item, click here.
Never miss your service day again! Click here to:
- find your day of service
- sign up for a reminder
- download the Augusta Solid Waste app
Click here to view Holiday information.