Recycling in Augusta is easier than ever! Whether you live in an apartment or single-family home, there are options for you!
Do’s and Don’ts of Recycling in Augusta
- Rinse all containers to remove residue
- Do recycle tin, steel, and aluminum cans (aerosol cans, too!)
- Do recycle paper, newspaper, junk mail, cardboard, phonebooks, frozen food packaging
- Do recycle plastics – bottles, milk jugs, detergent containers, etc.
- Do NOT recycle – plastic bags (garbage bags, grocery store bags), shredded paper, Styrofoam, packing peanuts, anything with food residue (including pizza boxes), photos, hazardous materials, fluorescent lamps, medical waste.
- No Christmas lights or garden hoses
|Eisenhower Park||1488 Eisenhower Drive||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green; household items – paper, plastic, metal|
|Julian Smith Casino/BBQ Pit||2200 Broad Street||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green; household items – paper, plastic, metal|
|Warren Road Community Center||300 Warren Road||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green; household items – paper, plastic, metal|
|Augusta Solid Waste & Recycling Facility||4330 Deans Bridge Road||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green; household items – paper, plastic, metal; Large metal objects; automotive fluids; electronics; tires (there is a fee for each tire)|
Residential Recycling – if you participate in the regular garbage collection program, call 311 and request a recycle bin. There is no additional fee for this service. All you have to do is rinse and place all items in one cart. There is no sorting or separating needed.
If you are using a roll-cart: make sure the lid is closed, place it out for collection on your day of service, and DO NOT place garbage in with recyclables.
|Aluminum Cans||Beverage cans, no foil or pans||Rinse and flatten|
|Metal Cans||Steel/tin cans and lids, empty aerosol cans||Rinse food cans, paper labels can remain|
|Plastic Containers||Containers #1-17No plastic bagsNo StyrofoamNo plastic wrapNo plastic that is not a container||Rinse, flatten, and reattach any screw-on lids|
|Cardboard||Thick and thin boxesNo boxes lined with wax||Flatten, must be clean and dry|
|Mixed paper||Office paper, newspaper, magazines, phonebooks, NO tissue paper or paper with food waste on it. No shredded paper||Dry and clean|
|Glass (at drop-off locations only)||Bottles, jugs, jars. No plates, cups, windows, ceramics, mirrors, or lightbulbs||Rinse and remove lids|
|Large Metal objects (landfill drop off only)||Air conditionersDishwashersRefrigerators / freezersStovesWashers / dryersLawnmowers||Remove any fluids|