The Environmental Services Department provides residential curbside and community drop-off site recycling services to Richmond County residents.
Curbside Recycling Guidelines:
- Residents should roll out their carts by 6 a.m. the morning of scheduled collection, but not earlier than 5:00 p.m. the day prior.
- Carts should be returned to a rear or side-yard location no later than 7:00 p.m. the evening of your scheduled collection.
- A citation and fine may be assessed each time your cart is left out past the allotted time.
- If your cart was roll-out within the proper timeframe but not emptied, please leave it out until serviced.
- Report all missed collections within 24 hours by calling 311.
- Overfilled carts with lids that do not close down to the body of the cart, with materials jutting out, or with materials placed on top or around the base will not be collected.
- Carts containing contamination such as trash, plastic bags, glass, yard waste will not be collected until all contaminates are removed by the resident by their next collection day.
- There is no charge for the first recycle cart. Call 311 for additional recycle carts at annual fee of $77.63 per cart.
What can I recycle curbside?
Due to excessive contamination, at this time please ONLY put the below materials into the curbside recycle cart with the blue lid:
- plastic bottles and jugs (water, juice, soda, milk, laundry) – clean and empty
- steel/tin food cans – clean and empty
- aluminum cans – clean and empty
Curbside Recycling Don’ts:
- No plastic bags (garbage or grocery store bags)
- No glass
- No containers with food residue
- No Styrofoam
- No packing peanuts
- No shredded paper
- No hazardous waste
- No medical waste
|Julian Smith Casino/BBQ Pit||2200 Broad Street||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green|
|Warren Road Community Center||300 Warren Road||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green|
|Augusta Solid Waste & Recycling Facility||4330 Deans Bridge Road||Glass recycling – clear, brown, or green; household items – paper, plastic, metal; Large metal objects; automotive fluids; electronics; tires (there is a fee for each tire)|
Get reminders or report a problem with the Augusta Trash & Recycling app on or