The Waiver of Rights is the citizen's acknowledgement that they are accepting certain conditions in regard to their traffic violation and waiving their rights to the judicial process.
The Clerk of Court’s Office is prohibited by law from giving any legal advice. If you have any questions concerning your legal rights you should consult with an attorney.
The Waiver of Rights will be requested at the time of payment. The language shown on this page is for explanatory purposes only. The actual Waiver of Rights will be presented to you during the payment process. Once you have checked the box, you have agreed to waive the legal rights as they are described in items 1-7 in the list. The language of the Waiver of Rights is as follows:
I acknowledge that by posting a cash bond through the Richmond County State Court Traffic Violations Bureau which will be forfeited in payment of the traffic citation I received that I will be waiving the following legal rights and acknowledging:
1. That I committed the offense for which I received the citation;
2. I’m waiving my right to an attorney;
3. I’m waiving my right to a trial;
4. I’m waiving my right to question the State’s witnesses and present my own witnesses and evidence to the Court;
5. My right against self-incrimination, that is my right to remain silent;
6. Any legal defense that I have to the charge for which I received the citation; and,
7. I understand the nature of the charge against me.
By checking this box I acknowledge that I understand my rights as outlined above and I am voluntarily waiving the same.
Once you have checked the box, you will be permitted to go forward to the payment screen and process your payment for your violation.