Metropolitan Transportation Plan
Development of the MTP is financed by a combination of federal highway and transit planning funds and state and local matching funds.
The ARTS MTP includes long-range and short-range strategies and actions that lead to the development of an integrated multimodal transportation system in the ARTS area. In addition, the MTP -
- identifies near term demand for passenger and goods movement;
- identifies Congestion Management System strategies;
- identifies pedestrian, walkway and bicycle facilities;
- assesses capital investment and other measures to preserve the existing transportation system;
- reflects a multimodal evaluation of the transportation, socioeconomic, environmental, and financial impact of the Transportation Plan;
- reflects consideration of local plans, goals and objectives;
- outlines, as appropriate, transportation enhancement activities; and,
- includes a financial plan demonstrating that the identified projects can be implemented using current and proposed revenue sources.
Development of the LRTP is financed by a combination of federal highway and transit planning funds and state and local matching funds.