IT Mission & Goals
Augusta Information Technology will deliver quality technology services to empower our customers.
The City of Augusta is making investments in information technology solutions, which through careful planning, cooperative business, and technical execution, will provide a return on investment in the form of improved services.
The Department is enthusiastic in performing the task of researching and delivering new technology while never losing focus on the critical role of maintaining the current technical infrastructure and providing exceptional customer service to all agencies.
- Provide support for desktop equipment through help desk and on-site customer assistance
- Provide network infrastructure to support city computer operations and information transfer
- Provide for the procurement, development, upgrade, and support of business software for customer departments
- Support radio and telephone communications for City departments
- Ensure security and integrity of Augusta’s network and data
- Strive to ensure effective technical and fiscal management of the Department's operations, resources, projects, and contracts
- Provide superior support to all customers
- Deliver a final product that best meets the technology needs of the users and enhances their productivity
- Work with customers to improve business operation by thoroughly understanding their business needs and by planning, implementing, and managing the best information technology solutions
- Provide vision, leadership, and a framework for evaluating emerging technologies and implementing innovative solutions
- Provide all customers with convenient access to appropriate information and services through technology
- Effectively communicate information about plans, projects, and achievements to all affected customers
- Develop and maintain a reliable communication and computer infrastructure foundation on which to perform operations today and in the future with minimal downtime
- Provide exceptional training and documentation to all customers