A permit shall not be issued until the fees prescribed in this section have been paid. On all buildings, structures, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and gas systems or alterations requiring a permit, a fee for each permit shall be paid as required at the time of filing application, in accordance with the following schedule.
- Building, per square foot under roof - $ .06
- Electrical, per house - $ 50.00
- Mechanical, per house - $ 50.00
- Plumbing, per house - $ 50.00
- Fireplace, each - $ 8.00
- Inspection fee, per house on crawl space - $238.00 (14 inspections at $17.00 each)
- Inspection fee, per house on slab $255.00 - (15 inspections at $17.00 each)
- Single-family attached (townhouses) - Where lot is sold with house, fees shall be the same as for single-family
- Apartment and Condominium Dwelling Units - The permit fee will be based on the construction cost using fee schedule
Permit valuations shall include total cost, such as plumbing, electrical, mechanical equipment, and other systems, including materials and labor.
Plan Review Fees
The fee for reviewing all plans shall be 66% of the permit amount, which will be applied to General, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing permits. One and two-family dwellings are exempt from plan review fees.
For more information, please contact the License and Inspection Department between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at:
- Ph: (706) 312-5050
- Fx: (706) 312-4277