The following require the seal of an architect registered in the State of Georgia.
- All Group A, E, and I occupancies defined as follows by the International Building Code:
- Group A occupancy includes, among others, the use of a building or structure, or any portion thereof, for the gathering together of persons for purposes such as civic, social, or religious functions as for recreation, food or drink consumption, or awaiting transportation.
- Group E occupancy includes, among others, the use of a building or structure, or any portion thereof, by six or more persons at any one time for educational purposes through the twelfth grade.
- Group I occupancy includes, among others, the use of a building or structure, or a portion thereof, in which people having physical limitations because of health or age are harbored for medical treatment or other care or treatment, or in which people are detained for penal or correctional purposes or in which the liberty of the occupants is restricted.
- Buildings and structures three stories or more high.
- Buildings and structures 5,000 square feet or more in area.
- Some plans or portions of plans require an engineer's seal.
- Plans for all buildings shall indicate how required structural and fire resistance integrity will be maintained where a penetration of a required fire resistant wall, floor or partition will be made for electrical, gas, mechanical, plumb mg and communication conduits, pipes, and systems and also indicate in sufficient detail how the fire integrity will be maintained where required fire resistant floors intersect the exterior walls.
For more information, please contact the License and Inspection Department between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at:
- Ph: (706) 312-5050
- Fx: (706) 312-4277