The Richmond County Board of Elections office was established in 1973. Our objectives include:
- Maintaining an accurate voter registration list for Richmond County
- Conducting fair and legal elections
- Ensuring that all eligible citizens are given an opportunity to register to vote, to cast a ballot, and to have their ballot accurately counted
- Promoting public confidence by conducting elections in an efficient and transparent manner
Top five responsibilities:
- Conducting elections
- Registration of voters
- Maintaining the list of registered voters
- Issuing absentee ballots
- Disseminating information to public
Board Members and Meetings
The Board of Elections has five members. Each member is appointed for a four year term and may serve two consecutive terms.
The members are:
- Sanford Loyd – Chairperson – Nonpartisan, appointed by Augusta Commission
- David M. “Chip” Barbee – Vice Chair – Appointed by the Republican Party
- Sherry T. Barnes – Appointed by the Republican Party
- Terence A. Dicks – Appointed by the Democratic Party
- L. C. Myles – Secretary - Appointed by the Democratic Party
The Richmond County Board of Elections meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM in the Board of Elections Office located at 530 Greene Street, Room 104, Augusta, GA. The meetings are open to the public.
Click here to view additional information.
Board of Elections
530 Greene St.
Augusta, GA 30901
Ph: (706) 821-2340
Fx: (706) 821-2814
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Click Here for Voting Information