Historic Preservation Commission
The Historic Preservation Commission consists of 12 members:
FunctionsView Historic Preservation Commission Responsibilities.Meetings
- 10 appointed by the Augusta Commission from Commission districts
- 2 appointed by the Richmond County Legislative
- 5:30 pm
- Fourth Thursday of each month (except for November and December)
- Meetings in November and December are on the third Thursday of the month
- Augusta-Richmond County Municipal Building
530 Greene St.
Augusta, GA 30901
The Historic Preservation Commission is given its legal authority through Title Seven, Chapter Four of the Augusta-Richmond County Code.
To the extent available, at least five members must be professionals from the fields of architecture, history, architectural history, planning, archaeology, historic preservation, or related disciplines. The remaining members may be nonprofessionals with special interest, experience, or education in regional history, historic architecture, or historic preservation.