Geographic Information System (GIS)
Welcome to Augusta GA’s GIS Department.
The GIS staff addresses the needs of the many departments of the consolidated government, the municipalities of Richmond County, and general public. GIS produces and distributes geographic data, creates maps, provides technical support and hosts web-based mapping services for our internal and external customers. We coordinate with Augusta departments, including those that involve but not limited to real estate, public safety, transportation, environmental services and development, to ensure that geographic data is maintained consistently.
The mission of the GIS Department is to provide continued development and maintenance of the Augusta GA Enterprise Geodatabase, assist with data collection, perform geographical analysis, create quality maps, provide technical support and training for users, and ensure information provided assists all departments in accomplishing their mission.
It is our vision to integrate GIS into all Augusta GA departmental business processes to ensure effective and efficient decisions are made by providing the necessary geographic information and tools for collaboration that will enhance their customer's experience.
You will be able to create maps using our available data layers, view property card information, and also print maps and property cards to your printer.
The following user guides are available:
- How do I find help on using GISmap Online Map?
- What size maps can you print for me?
- My property address is incorrect or another address is incorrect, can you correct it?
- How can I look up information on a particular property?
- When is the GISmap information updated?
- How do I get zoning for a particular property?
- Some of the information you have on my property is wrong, can you correct it?